Monday, March 10, 2014

Alright, so we were told that we could wear color to work (normally, we wear black and white) for a few choice days on a weekend. But the catch is that we needed to go through this color book and determine whether we wear pastels or jewel tones, in cool or warm shades.  I'm not too sure that a book with generic questions based on hair color, skin tone, eye color (all of which are changeable) and how you respond to different pictures based on the colors within that picture, will determine what colors look best on you!  That being said, when I was in high school (I was very blond and very tan, not going to apologize that was the trend) I had my colors done, by a professional not a book and I was told I warm.  Now, that I'm a brunette and rather pale, I can not even pick up a peach or a yellow in any shade to wear.  So, yes I am a bit skeptical about wearing color based on what a book tells me.

I think that a person should wear colors that make them happy and feel good.  If you want to try a dress or shirt in a new color or shade, ask a sales associate (the good ones will tell you the truth about how the color looks, however there are some that can't tell the difference or are more interested in making the sale) in that case, go with your gut, does the color wash you out or are you concerned because you have never seen yourself in that color?  If you're in doubt and need another opinion, send a photo to a friend, I'm sure you can take a selfie!   A good friend will be honest about how a color looks on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment